Press release #FILMADRID2016
The competition programmes of FILMADRID are now open for submission
- Call for entries for FILMADRID 2016: open for submissions from November 16th 2015 till April 1st 2016
- Works are accepted for the two competition sections: Official and Avant-garde
- FILMADRID announced the 2016 dates in September: and will be held June 2nd to June 11th
Madrid, November 23rd 2015 – FILMADRID, the international film festival of Madrid, calls for entries in the competition sections. The sections will be open for submissions from November 16th 2015 till April 1st 2016. Films directed at the following two sections are accepted:
- Official section: for fiction films and non-fiction films from all parts of the world. There is no stated limit for the duration of the films.
- Avant-garde: for films of an experimental nature and video-creations from all parts of the world. There is no stated limit for the duration of the films.
The following general requirements apply: that the world premiere has been held after January 1st 2015, that the works submitted have not been released in the Community of Madrid, and that they have not previously been screened at public screenings, television, nor released on Blu-ray/DVD or online.
The second edition of FILMADRID, taking place from the 2nd to the 11th of July 2016, will award the following prizes: the Award for Best Film in the Sección Oficial, is rewarded with a donation of 1500€ + Statuette, and the Award for Best Film of Vanguardias, is rewarded with a donation of 500€ + Statuette.
A promising second edition of FILMADRID
FILMADRID celebrated its 1st edition in 2015, from June 5th to June 13th, with a total of 88 films coming from 24 countries. 25 of these films were premiering in Spain. A fist edition in which the Italian BELLUSCONE, UNA STORIA SICILIANA by Franco Maresco took home the prize in the Sección Oficial, and RESISTFILM, by Pablo Marín gained the award in the Sección de Vanguardias.
Javier H. Estrada, festival programmer, states “This second year we are opening for submissions even earlier, which we hope will result in more works and even greater ones than last year” and emphasises that “FILMADRID is a festival that promotes and exhibits author cinema, promoting a space for dialogue about contemporary cinema, and its aesthetic and formal approaches.”
For further information, interviews and proposals for article, please contact:
Henar Ortega - email@example.com - +34 678249767
FILMADRID, International Film Festival, driven by Pasajes de Cine, aims at converting Madrid into a reference point in the world of independent cinema. It is a space where the cinematographic culture is brought closer to the public of the capital, in order to nurture the love of cinema. It is an annual festival that is held every year in the first two weeks of July.